This page will help you understand how movement works in Squad.
You move with the usual keys W, A, S, D. Crouch with LCTRL. Go prone with Z. Jump/vault with Space. (This by jumping against a wall)
You can toggle crouching, leaning ADS and Freelook in the settings under "Game" and the Movement. (not under "Controls"!).
You can lean left and right by holding Q and E. You can use Freelook by holding down "key".
You can move in three different speeds:
- When you just press W, S, A, D , you are running in normal speed;
- When you also hold LSHIFT , you are sprinting;
- When you hold LALT instead, you are walking slowly – this makes less noise to nearby enemies.
You can move in three different stances:
- Standing (see above)
- When you press Z you can crawl.
- When you press Ctrl you can crouch.
- In the game setting it is also possible to check the box for `double tapp for walking`, once this is activated it is possible for the player to double tapp the `w` key and the player will continue walking without having to pres another button.
Where can you see this?
- Bottom right hand corner of the screen
You will loose stamina when?
- moving while prone
- You can no longer sprint when your stamina is completely exhausted
- You cannot start sprinting while your stamina is red.
- when you walk in crouch stance, you will not regain stamina.
How to regain?
- When running you slowly regain stamina.
- You regain stamina faster when you stand still
- and even faster when you crouch or go prone.