- 1 Clan Roles Introduction
- 2 Clan Founder
- 3 Clan Leader
- 4 Command Staff
- 5 Members Roles
Clan Roles Introduction
[RIP] Rusty In Places' back bone is its members and the commitment they give to the clan to ensure we run smoothly and provide an excellent home for like minded fellow gamers.
The following gives a brief outline of the roles or positions found at [RIP] and the responsibilities that they come with.
- Have full authority over all aspects of the clan and its servers
- Founded Rusty In Places in December 2006
- Kept this short to not over inflate those ego's lol
- Oversees all aspects of the day to day running of clan life to ensure [RIP] standards are maintained by all.
- Works closely with Clan Founders on major issues such as policy change, before open discussion with the Command staff.
- Responsible for looking after voluntary donations and ensuring all running costs are paid and on time.
- Supports Game Commanders in performing their role.
- Is a confidential point of contact for any member experiencing problems or difficulties within the clan or in real life.
- Settles queries not precisely defined in the clan rules.
- Monitors the performance of Command staff in their respective roles to ensure all game sections run smoothly.
- Can and will eject a member from the clan for gross misconduct or other violation deemed severe enough.
Game Commander (GC and GC2ic)
Also known as "Company Commander" or "Company CO" and "Company 2IC".
- Part of the Command staff group and has access to all [RIP] senior admin tools and databases.
- In charge of a particular Game section within the clan. Overseeing management of all members, forum sections and activities relating to that game.
- Can and will delegate roles for e.g Platoon Leaders, War arrangers and Deputies.
- Has final say on all requests for amendments to platoons, server configs or map rotations.
- Responsible for all members of which are allocated to one of their platoons this incudes:
- Leader's of the Initial training group (ITG).
- Part of the Command staff group.
- Responsible for managing the ITG group and its Recruitment Officers (RO).
- Ensuring all RO's are trained and able to complete an application.
- Required to monitor the RO's activity levels with completing applications in a timely manner.
- Oversee completed applications checking the following are all correct:
- Roster profile details.
- Forum profile details.
- Avatar, signature and Forum group (Recruits).
- Transferring completed applications to the roster and assigning to the Recruits group as main platoon.
- Assigning recruits to a Platoon after 4 weeks or on Platoon's wishes.
- Taking New recruits out of recruit mode after 31 days and promoting to rank of Pvt or Cadet and fully signing off to the new recruits main game area.
Part of the Command Staff and is responsible for over seeing the academy within [RIP] including ensuring all AI's have correct forum access and usergroup placement and also adding badges to player profiles upon requests. Proofs any course notes to ensure all is correct and to keep the Wiki section up to date as much as possible. Also responsible for keeping the academy section of the forums clean and un-cluttered to ensure easy use and functionality.
The Graphics commander is overall responsible for all designs of all graphics that [RIP] use on the Website, Servers, Forums, Teamspeak and externally. The GFX CO also manages a team of GFX artists and assigns any outstanding requests for graphics. The GFX CO also has to personally sign off all artwork that is created by the team to ensure that they conform to the parameters set by [RIP] including file types and correct dimensions. The GFX CO is also responsible for managing the GFX section of the [RIP] Forums.
Platoon Leader (PL and PL2ic)
A Platoon Leader (PL) is the NCO in command of a platoon. The PL's main responsibilities is to the members assigned to their platoon including managing promotions, awards, training and fun nights. Where applicable the PL will also take charge or delegate the responsibility of producing tactics or battle plans for internal and external competitions or events. The PL's are usually assisted by a platoon 2ic (Pl2ic )due to the nature and increased responsibility of such assignments. A PL has no additional admin rights and as such all requests for promotions and/or awards for platoon members must be made through their Company CO.
A Section Leader is the NCO in command of a Section within a Platoon. The Section Leader’s main responsibilities is to the members assigned to their Section including managing activity. Where applicable the Section Leader will also take charge or delegate the responsibility of producing tactics or battle plans for internal and external competitions or events. A Section Leader has no additional admin rights and as such all requests for promotions and/or awards for Section members must be made through their Platoon Leader.
Fire Team Leaders (FTL)
The Fire Team Leader (FTL) Role in Platoons is given to members of whom take charge in-games; Leading Groups in matches or events (In-Game Squad Leaders).
- Part of the Initial Training Group (ITG)
- Reports to Senior Recruitment Officer (SRO) and ITG commanders
- Responsible for managing applications from new recruits
- Checking the applications admin console for recruits or "Fresh Meat" daily
- Checking applications for VAC bans and Malicious steam profiles (leaving notes on application)
- Assigning themselves applications suitable under our joining rules
- Completing the application
- Rejecting Malicious or Inappropriate applications
- The RO will then become the new Recruit's first point of call for the entire 30 day Recruit period.
- Stay in contact with the recruit weekly (via PM)
Useful Link: ITG Recruitment Officer Process
A member who has the status of "AI" is someone who shows expertise or good knowledge in a particular field of their game and who has the ability to teach others in this knowledge. Academy courses are pre-arranged usually using locked or private servers which will result in the awarding of a badge to show that players have progressed and passed this course and are competent in that skill. These badges can be displayed on the players profile page found on the Roster
Useful Link: Academy
A [RIP] FX artist is responsible for ensuring that their assigned workload is completed in a timely manner conforming to the parameters set by [RIP] and the FX CO. Also ensuring that any personalised pieces for example Command staff Signatures, ribbons and badges conform to the design requirements set by the beneficiary.
The role of the WA is to schedule events and matches/scrims.
A WA can go beyond events and publicise their respective game server to the public and/or other clans to encourage server population.
The WA will do everything possible to ensure that the event starts on time and that the clan members participating are fully aware of the details of an event.
Open and honest communication with other clan WAs is essential in organising quality events and maintaining a positive image of [RIP].
Lastly, the WA must record who the [RIP] participants were for the purposes of rewards such a ribbons.