Admin Guides/Squad Admin
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Using your admin rights
- 3 The Commands
- 3.1 Junior Admin Commands
- 3.2 Senior Admin commands
- 3.3 Personal Commands
- 4 Voice attack
- 5 Camera Controls
Our public servers are licensed and therefore will appear in the primary server list in-game.
This means that our admins must follow not only our own rules but also those from the Official Squad Admin Guide
As such, let's shine through as mature and decent Server Admins and keep [RIP]'s reputation solid!
All full [RIP] members have access to an admin level on our Squad server, so we are never short of an admin.
To apply for your admin rights see this forum post
Members ranked from Pvt to Cpl are able to:
- Broadcast Text
- List Player IDs
- Show Next Map
Members ranked Sgt and above are able to:
- All Junior admin commands plus:
- Camera Man (used for finding suspected hackers/un-caprapers)
- Set Next Map
- Change map (only to be used on training server or if a majorityy players agree)
- End round (only to be used on training server)
Squad's in-game admin is accessed via a console using commands.
To access the console double-tap the ` (back tick) or ¬ (negation) key found on the top left of most keyboards (see image below).
An alternative way to access the console is via the in-game text keys the defaults are J, K and L. Delete the "say team/All" which allows you to type your commands.
Press the letter A on your keyboard and a list of admin commands will display. Use the arrow keys to select the command or type in the same text into the console.
Using your admin rights
Please read and understand the following before using your admin:
[RIP] Basic Admin Course
Official Squad Licensed Server Rules
[RIP] Game servers and Admin
Junior Admin Commands
Broadcast Text Command
- Send system message to all players on the server
List players ID numbers
- Lists the player IDs (numbering starting from 0) next to player name in console
List disconnected players ID numbers
- Lists the Steam IDs of players that have recently disonnected. Useful for banning teamkillers/griefers that have disconnected before being caught.
Kick a player
- Kicks player with ID from the server
AdminKickById InsertID Reason
Show next map
- Shows the next map in the rotation
Senior Admin commands
Admin Camera Rules
The Admin camera is an in-game floating camera solely for Senior Admins use.
It is used for a variety of reasons, some including:
- Catching Hackers
- Catching Glitchers
- Catching players camping mains
- Training (For Academy Instructors)
- Filming in game footage (Training, Matches or Events)
Public server Rules
The Admin Cam is not to be used for any benefit to yourself, your team or your enemy.
Any breaches will result in Senior Admin being removed and/or removal from the clan.
We run clean servers with well established rules (2007) and [RIP] want it to stay that way.
To use the Admin camera please see 5) of this guide.
Set Next Map
- Sets the next map to be played
AdminSetNextMap Use Arrow keys to select map and press enter
Show disconnected players
adminlistdisconnectedplayers Name and SteamID64 will display in the console
Ban a player permanently
- Bans player with Id from the server for length of time. 0 = Perm, 1d = 1 Day, 1M = 1 Month, 1m = 1 minute, etc
AdminBanById InsertID "0" Reason
End current round
- Immediately ends the match
Switch a player to other team
- Use mostly for balance the team and in RIP vs World
AdminForceTeamChangebyID "insert id of player (use listplayers)"
- A way to speed up the countdown in between games, used only for cycling maps on the Match/Training server.
AdminSlomo Insert numerical figure with 1.0 being normal time
- Causes the player to commit suicide, used if glitched in a tree etc.
Disable User Interface
- Removes the UI components from the screen, ideal for filming
- Draw frame rate on screen
Reconnect to last server
- Reconnects the player to previous server
A very handy program used for many purposes in all things PC
We have our own special profile that can save you the time typing admin commands
For Senior Admins (all servers) and Academy Instructors (Training Server Only)
- Hold Left-Shift and Press P to enter the Camera in-game
- Press 0 to display the Keys and values
- W = Forward
- S = Back
- A = Left
- D = Right
- CTRL = Down
- Space = Up
- F = Tilt Shift Filter (depth of view)
- Mouse = Look
- 1 = Fly Speed (Use your mouse wheel to adjust the value)
- 2 = Zoom
- 6 = Shows Capture points as a yellow sphere around Flag point
- 7 = Shows a stencil around each player
- 8 = Toggles player markers (triangles Red and Blue)
- 9 = Displays player name-tags
- 3 = Blur